[kde-doc-english]Gideon / kdevelop '.po' files problems...

CAULIER Gilles caulier.gilles at free.fr
Mon Oct 7 13:29:01 CEST 2002

Hi KDE team,

Here an inconsistency discovered on the CVS:

Gideon is the successor of kdevelop.  The development of this is stopped
since KDE 3.0.3.

On the CVS we can finds:

gideon.po
kdevelop.po

I have uploading the 'kdevelop' module from the CVS which corresponds now to
gideon.

I have built (on MDK 9.0 with KDE 3.0.3 and QT 3.0.5) -> It's OK.
I obtain binary named 'gideon'.  I install  it -> It's OK.

After several tests, I realize that :

- 'gideon.po' on the CVS is an old file.
- 'kdevelop.po' on the CVS that it is necessary to be useful for the 'gideon'
translations...  I must thus compile the 'gideon.mo' with kdevelop.po'...

Will not have you it be simpler and more logic to use a 'gideon.po' on the
CVS.  There is of them more one which will waste time to include/understand
subtlety...

Have fun

--
CAULIER Gilles