[kde-doc-english]Flood of "old" messages in kde-doc-english

Éric Bischoff e.bischoff at noos.fr
Fri Oct 11 09:44:22 CEST 2002

Hi all,

People not subscribed to this list who wanted to send messages to it had their
messages blocked for approval by the moderator.

As there were 119 such messages help in the waiting queue, Coolo gave me and
Lauri administrator priviledges.

I have started letting the relevant messages come in, and discarding the spam.
But to avoid flooding every one of us, I will do that at a rather slow rate,
only about twenty messages at a time.

So if you want to reply to such kind of messages, please take into account
that they may be rather old. No need to revival old threads where the list
was only on CC:. Others may of course need an answer, and perharps even an
urgent answer.

On the long term, we'll have to think about the policy towards external
contributors (and especially towards people wanting to report misspellings):
1) keep this list moderated as it currently is
2) let this list open
3) ask people to use the bug tracking system and stop posting to this list
4) split the list in two: English writers and English proofreaders
(and take profit of that occasion to merge kde-docbook with this list)
5) any possibility I didn't think about?

--
Éric Bischoff
KDE : ad expugnandum tabulam scriptoriam suam