[kde-doc-english]Re: Reminder: Documentation freeze dates

Éric Bischoff e.bischoff at noos.fr
Wed Oct 9 10:06:36 CEST 2002

On Tuesday 08 October 2002 19:54, Jonathan Singer wrote:
> Thanks!
>
> I've updated the kdf and karm docs, and kehexedit looks OK as is. Konsole
> will require a bit of work and new screenshots and I'll do that today.
>
> Is there a mismatch between the current help menu and the automatically
> inserted help menu documentation (Help->Contents vs Help-> App Handbook) or
> is that something wrong with my install?
>
> Also, if someone has free time, I noticed some inconsistencies between the
> KOrganizer menus and their documentation. (While trying to figure out what
> the hell the "Show Marcus Bains line" option in Setting->Configure
> Korganizer->Views does. It's a useful feature, but could probably use a
> more accessible name!  ;-)  )

Okay,

Today is planned documentation freeze date (apart from kcontrol), to let us
the opportunity to translate it in good conditions.

Is it okay to stop updating the English documentation (apart from kcontrol)?
Lauri? Any important last minute changes as Jonathan seems to be suggesting?

Also, about the patches that people will be starting to send to you, Lauri,
will they go to KDE 3.2 (HEAD) or KDE 3.1.1 (BRANCH)? My vote goes for them
going to HEAD.

In any case, writing brand new documentation for KDE 3.1 and committing it is
still okay.

--
Éric Bischoff
KDE : ad expugnandum tabulam scriptoriam suam