[kde-doc-english]Re: Incorrect Plural Form in kdebase/kfindpart

Malcolm Hunter malcolm.hunter at gmx.co.uk
Tue May 7 21:36:18 CEST 2002

Hi Eugene,

On Tuesday 07 May 2002 19:17, you wrote:
> #: kfwin.cpp:282
> msgid ""
> "_n: Do you really want to delete the selected file?\n"
> "Do you really want to delete the selected files?"
>
> I think number of files must be passed as argument:
>
> "Do you really want to delete %n selected files?"
>
> For example in Russian/Belarusian 21 and 1 spelled as file,
> not files.
>
> %n can be enclose in <b>%n</b> as some another messages
> do...

I'm not sure how this works and even how to fix it. Don't you just have a
line for each plural?

Pseudo language:
"_n: Do you really want to delete the selected file?\n" (1 files)
"Do you really want to delete the selected files?" (2 files)
"Do you really want to delete the selected files++?" (many files)

CCing kde-i18n-doc and kde-doc-english, as I don't really know what I'm
talking about.

Regards,
Malcolm
--