[kde-doc-english]still the userguide

Lauri Watts lauri at kde.org
Tue Mar 19 10:57:00 CET 2002

On Monday 18 March 2002 20.32, Éric Bischoff wrote:
> Lauri, for your list of patches :
>
> "After everything has come up, take some time to explore the new
> environment. If you have already worked with <emphasis>&Windows; 95</
> emphasis> or <emphasis>OS/2 Warp 4</emphasis>, many things should
> look familiar to you. The three main parts of a &kde; desktop are
> the desktop itself, the panel, and the task list."

This is me, having never used Windows XP, and not even thinking about it.  I
have no excuse for the tasklist.  I think it's safer to not mention version
numbers, it means we won't have to rewrite it every time a new version of
Windows is released:

Rewrite, taking into account your other mail, (I can patch the original here)

"After everything has come up, take some time to explore the new environment.
If you have already worked with <emphasis>&Windows;</emphasis>,
The main visible parts of &kde; that you will see are the desktop itself, and
the panel.  The panel itself initially contains the K menu, icons you can use
to start applications, a taskbar, a <quote>system tray</quote> for docked
applications, and a clock."

--
Lauri