[kde-doc-english]Fwd: kdeprint highlights.docbook

Pam R pamroberts at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Mar 17 19:33:58 CET 2002

On Sunday 17 March 2002 5:27 pm, Malcolm Hunter wrote:
[snip]

> I'm struggling with this paragraph. Any other suggestions for
> "pretty-print"?
>
> Original:
> This is a predefined filter that installs with &kdeprint;. It allows
> you to create &PostScript; output from any text file input, that
> includes syntax highlighting for program listings, pretty-print, and
> nice configurable page frames and headers.
>
> My version, which I'm not really happy with:
> This is a predefined filter that installs with &kdeprint;. It allows
> you to create &PostScript; output from any text file input, that
> includes syntax highlighting for program listings, print styling, and
> nice configurable page frames and headers.

Should actually be 'pretty-printing', rather that 'pretty-print'. This is
a commonly used expression whse precise meaning depends on the context and
implementation

I just ran a Google search for "pretty-printing" and came up with references
to pretty-printing in Lisp, C, XML, and many other. See for example
http://www-inf.enst.fr/~demaille/a2ps/doc-4.12/a2ps_7.html  and
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/html-tidy/1999OctDec/0081.html

Pam
--