[kde-doc-english]Re: Huge message in docs/kdebase/kate_advanced.pot

Stanislav Visnovsky visnovsky at nenya.ms.mff.cuni.cz
Tue Mar 12 12:47:36 CET 2002

On Tue, 12 Mar 2002, Lauri Watts wrote:

> On Tuesday 12 March 2002 10.20, Stanislav Visnovsky wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > In subj. is a huge message containing examples of sed-like functionality
> > in Kate. Is it possible to split it somehow? It feels like the old way of
> > translating whole DocBook document :-((.
>
> Hopefully that means you're liking the new way, of doing it in messages?

Surely, see the number of translated Slovak docs :-)))

> It seems xml2pot doesn't seem to handle the <example> element, and hasn't
> split it up into separate messages.  I can't figure out why though, <example>
> contains perfectly normal <para> elements.
>
> I can remove the <example> element for now, and it should get split up, but if
> anyone has already translated it, they're going to probably have to redo it.

I hope you mean for 3.0.1 :-)). I already did the translation (but to get
usable KBabel, I have to switch off all fancy checks and display options).

I hope msgmerge would add the original translation as fuzzy for all new
messages, so it would be only a matter of correct <del>.

Stanislav