[kde-doc-english]Documentation update of kcmebrowse.docbook + german translation

Lauri Watts lauri at kde.org
Mon Mar 11 10:26:33 CET 2002

On Monday 11 March 2002 00.15, Andreas Hochsteger wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I did an update of the documentation of kcmebrowse.docbook, where the
> syntax of the advanced web shortcuts was completely missing. Additionally
> to the update of the english file I also updated the german translation.
> Both patches are attached to this mail.
>
> As this is the first time I wrote some documentation for KDE I want to post
> my changes to the list prior to commit them to CVS.

Firstly, thank you very much for helping out with the documentation, it's very
welcome.  If what I say further seems tough, please don't be discouraged,
it's mostly a matter of timing; changes this close to release have a cascade
effect on the translations.

> Please tell me if you find some problems. Otherwise I'll commit my changes.

Please don't commit your changes, the documentation is currently frozen.  In
general, unexpected commits to documentation cause problems.  Also, the
non-english docbook files are generated from .po message files, and the .de
version will be overwritten as soon as a new copy is generated.

If you are happy with the changes Malcolm made, I'll commit his version of the
patch on Friday or whenever the release is being finally tagged.

Lauri Watts
KDE Documentation Coordinator