[kde-doc-english]Kwrite - Kate docs

Anders Lund anders at alweb.dk
Sat Mar 9 01:48:48 CET 2002

On Saturday 09 March 2002 01:34, Jonathan wrote:
> Hi Anders:
>
> On Thursday 07 March 2002 17:09, Anders Lund wrote:
> > I am going to move the editor section to a separate file for inclusion,
> > along with the advanced tools chapter, the hl chapter and the regex
> > appendix, all of which should be required or at least nice for a kwrite
> > handbook, and I will rearrange the config dialog documentation so that
> > the sections for the editor will be available as a single file as well.
> >
> > If You are willing to set up a manual based on that Jonathan, that would
> > be really cool - as I would have to do that otherwise. I am also open to
> > critics, suggestions and corrections of cause, and I hope that we can
> > cowork.\
>
>   I would be glad to help you out. You want me to reexamine and bring the
> configs section up to date?  I can do that. Is the latest version of the
> Kate documentation available when I download Kate from CVS?

You could co kdebase/doc/kate, or update if you have a cvs co of kdebase.
The docs were split up in smaller files last night, so they are easier to work
with.

You can read through them, and send me any comments/suggestions/corrections, I
will then add it (or complain) and include it in my next update, which I send
to lauri these days.

The configuration chapter is for kate, but the editor part is in a section of
its own.

A good option would be adding a chapter dedicated to kwrite, going through the
menu structure of that, and explain maybe what is not available when using
kwrite.

And thank you.