[kde-doc-english]Kwrite - Kate docs

Lauri Watts lauri at kde.org
Thu Mar 7 16:34:27 CET 2002

On Thursday 07 March 2002 15.02, Jonathan wrote:
> On Thursday 07 March 2002 07:38, Daniel Naber wrote:
> > On Thursday 07 March 2002 07:10, Jonathan wrote:
> > > I noticed that the documentation for Kwrites highlighting configuration
> > > has changed significantly.
> >
> > Kwrite is mostly the same as Kate wrt highlighting AFAIK, so you can
> > probably share documentation (but better don't copy+paste it but link
> > it).
>
> Ok Daniel:
>
>  I will look into that. Thanks for the heads up.

I think the KWrite document itself could probably be removed, and pointed to
the kate document section about the editor, since that's what Kate actually
is.

I have a rather large update for Kate (the one I removed last week) ready to
commit when I get some time (it's going to also mean much work in the
translations, so, I need a couple of hours uninterrupted to do it, maybe
later this evening.)

Jonathan I know you are prepared to work on the kwrite document, but, I wonder
if we can't direct you elsewhere, at least until we decide what to do with
KWrite.    For a long time the Kate manual was very brief, and the Kwrite one
very complete, even though the applications are actually the opposite way
around.

Now we have the Kate document very complete also, and Kwrite is actually
Kate's editor, without all the other fancy Kate features (the file selector,
the embedded konsole, things like that.)

Kformula is one that is definitely entirely missing documentation - also,
KOffice is not due for release for quite a while.  Since you also mentioned
that one as well, would you be interested in working on that instead?

Lauri Watts
KDE Documentation Coordinator