[kde-doc-english]KOffice documentation status

Lauri Watts lauri at kde.org
Mon Jul 8 13:38:44 CEST 2002

On Monday 08 July 2002 10.26, Malcolm Hunter wrote:

> > > I am going through the final proofreading of KWord for the KOffice rele
> >
> > ase.
> >
> > >  I will keep you up to date with the status.
> >
> > The German (and surely other teams) would be interested in this as well.
> > It
> > would also be nice to know about the status of other KOffice documentatio
> > n.
> > Maybe someone (Lauri?) could post a short summary to kde-i18n-doc if the
> > picture gets somewhat clearer?

Crossposting this to koffice, in case they have corrections, and doc-english,
in case there are any volunteers to help with the missing pieces.

- From the release schedule, the last day for documentation changes is August
6th.

At this point we have the following in good shape:
* Kspread has an active maintainer (Pam Roberts) and is being updated often -
Pam, how far is it from being 'finished'?
* KWord has an active maintainer (Mike McBride) and is being updated often -
Mike, same question to you?
* KFormula has an active maintainer (Jonathan Drews), and is almost complete
for this release.  There may be some additions to the current doc, but
shouldn't be any changes to existing content.
* KChart has an active maintainer (Jonathan again) and the documentation is
nearly done, should be committed this week.
* Kugar and it's new gui have a new documentor (Alexander Dymo), and I should
have the updated docs here today, and committed within the next day or so.

Not in such great shape:
* KOffice meta-doc - is somewhat out of date, I'll give this a once over this
week, and see if I can get it sorted out.
* KPresenter - had at one point a whole team working on it, but they put it on
hold until the GUI was sorted out.  Things are now frozen, so I shall contact
each of the errant documentors and see if they are still interested in
working on it.
* Karbon - has no docs, and no documentor in sight, but may not be part of
this release.
* Kontour - has no docs, and the application seems to be in pretty bad shape
(at least the copy I just compiled is)
* Krita - no docs, but isn't part of this release

> What's happened to Lauri's page, giving the status of the documentation?

Well that's a good question.  The old version was barely maintainable as the
number of docs grew, and the local php gurus on the i18n server are writing a
new version that pulls as much information as possible out of CVS.  That
said, I haven't heard anything back for a couple of weeks now, so I will
follow it up.

Regards,
- --
Lauri Watts