[kde-doc-english]Doc reader

Lauri Watts lauri at kde.org
Thu Feb 21 18:59:59 CET 2002

On Thursday 21 February 2002 18.33, Malcolm Hunter wrote:
> Does anyone know of a utility or plugin that I can use that will
> convert the docbook files to something that is readable without the
> markup? This would make my proof reading work a lot easier. I'm
> probably being very newbish :¬).

Khelpcenter? meinproc?

If you use emacs, you can turn off the markup, but you must *never* edit
docs in that state, you will almost certainly break them
(unfortunately.)

A "familiar view" style editor is the holy grail of documentation, if
you find one that's any good, thousands of people all over the world
will be in your eternal debt.

Regards
--
Lauri Watts