[kde-doc-english]New version of check_gui_texts

Eric Bischoff e.bischoff at noos.fr
Sat Feb 16 13:03:29 CET 2002

Le Samedi 16 Février 2002 02:46, Daniel Naber a écrit :
> On Thursday 14 February 2002 11:17, Eric Bischoff wrote:
> > I just committed a new version of check_gui_texts at the root of
> > kde-i18n/
>
> One more thing: maybe colons at the end should be ignored. Checkbox labels
> often look like "Feature:", but I only use "Feature" in the documentation
> and I don't consider that a problem.

I noticed that too, and it had already been added to latest version. If you
want my advice as an end-user, I would prefer to see "Feature:" in the
documentation when it's in the GUI.

Anyway, the algorithm is as following now:

- first, the script tries to search to search in all "relevant" po files for
the given doc. The list of "relevant" po files for each doc is hardcoded in
the script, and I encourage everyone to tune this list.

- if not found, then an approximate match is attempted. It could make the
following strings match "Choose the date":
 "choose the date" (lower instead of upper case or the contrary)
 "Choose  the date" (more or less whitespace)
 "Choose the date:" (ending colons, spaces and/or dots)
 "Choose the date: " (same)
 "Choose the date..." (same)

- if still not found, it displays an error message with the list of the po
files that have been searched.

Something else: when a doc is split into several parts, the script still
works, but
a) you must call the script once for each part, like kword_kwordopt
b) the doc part must be listed in the script