[kde-doc-english]New version of check_gui_texts

Eric Bischoff e.bischoff at noos.fr
Fri Feb 15 13:33:15 CET 2002

Le Jeudi 14 Février 2002 13:45, Lauri Watts a écrit :
> On Thursday 14 February 2002 11.17, Eric Bischoff wrote:
> > I also noticed that many errors detected by the script were just lower
> > case instead of upper case, or the contrary. If I get some time, I will
> > implement a "fuzzy" search feature so that the script does not only find
> > the mistakes in the documentation, but also proposes a correction when it
> > finds one. Would you be interested in this feature, Lauri?
>
> Oh yes!

Done and committed. It's also now capable of handling different quantities of
whitespace, of adding missing "..." periods at the end, etc.

> I must have already driven everyone mad in the last weeks with these
> corrections, and it's obvious that doing it by hand I still miss a lot of
> them.   I expect you will all go mad at me again when I fix these.

I guess it's part of the game... We expect a lot of fuzzies to appear now
that you have this tool to find discrepancies between the doc and the gui.

> Now we just need to keep adding to your script until it's actually writing
> the docs and doing the translation for us :)

This I cannot promise ;-)