[kde-doc-english]New version of check_gui_texts

Eric Bischoff e.bischoff at noos.fr
Thu Feb 14 11:17:00 CET 2002

Hi all,

I just committed a new version of check_gui_texts at the root of kde-i18n/

This new version determines where to search on a per-application basis.

This allows for example to search in kdegames/ksirtet.po when you check the
GUI messages of ksmiletris.

The counterpart is that there is a rather long list of applications, that is
supposed to grow. If an application is not listed, then check_gui_texts will
search only in kdelibs.po and the application itself, as a default behaviour.

Question: would someone know a way to generate this list semi-automatically,
i.e. to know *all* the po files used by a given application? This would avoid
the need to maintain this list.

I also noticed that many errors detected by the script were just lower case
instead of upper case, or the contrary. If I get some time, I will implement
a "fuzzy" search feature so that the script does not only find the mistakes
in the documentation, but also proposes a correction when it finds one. Would
you be interested in this feature, Lauri?