[kde-doc-english]got the doc -- how to make it "pretty"?

Ernest Stracener estracener at tds.net
Mon Aug 5 15:58:26 CEST 2002

***BACKGROUND***
I am writing some documentation for a new application (not currently
included w/KDE) and need some information.  I've searched and read
everything I can find to no avail.

I have a Docbook XML document that I have written on the kdex.dtd. I
used the template.docbook file as basis for my document.

I can run meinproc on the index.docbook file to get individual HTML
files that can be viewed in a browser.  I can also run meinproc with the
--cache option to create the index.cache.bz2 file.

***PROBLEM***
If I install the index.docbook and cache files in the appropriate
directory (on my system: /usr/share/doc/kde/HTML/en/kfoo/ ), I can view
the contents in KHelpCenter but they appear as plain HTML files -- no
KHelpCenter logo, KDE logo, etc....as a result, the upper navigation
aids (e.g. 'prev' 'next') are overlapped with the content.

It seems to me that the answer to the question of "how to make the
output pretty" must lie in applying a stylesheet during the meinproc
command, but which stylesheet do I use?  I have been unable to find any
information on meinproc other than the output of "meinproc --help".

Thanks for any help on this issue...
Ernest