[kde-doc-english]KDE 3.1 Timetable

Éric Bischoff e.bischoff at noos.fr
Wed Aug 28 10:06:18 CEST 2002

On Tuesday 27 August 2002 19:39, Lauri Watts wrote:
> > > What is the cut off date for changes to the kde 3.1 documentation,
> > > http://developer.kde.org/development-versions/kde-3.1-release-plan.html
> > > doesn't seem to mention it?
> >
> > I think that the last date for "i18n strings changes" applies to as well
> > for the documentation, doesn't it?
>
> That will make it impossible for any future KDE release to ever have
> documentation that is up to date with the GUI, if we must stop writing at
> the time of the message freeze, and then the branch is frozen for future
> documentation updates.  Most of the applications are still undergoing GUI
> changes even after this, although the message freeze does substantially
> help slow that down.

You're right.

> In the past, it's been pretty fluid, as much documentation as possible done
> as soon as possible, and then a freeze on the documentation, depending on
> it's state, around 2 weeks before the tagging.  I didn't have any plans to
> change this, do you think we need to?  Should we set a documentation final
> date now, in the schedule?  If so, I think it should be around week 42,
> according to the schedule at
> http://developer.kde.org/development-versions/kde-3.1-release-plan.html

Week 42 being included or excluded?

I would suggest that we have weeks 42, 43 and 44 to translate the
documentation. It leaves you weeks 31, 40 and 41 to write it. 3 weeks each,
it sounds fair, no? ;-)

I'm putting Dirk in the loop as he's the release master. Please keep him
CC'ed.

--
Éric Bischoff