[kde-doc-english]KDE facts and figures page

Thomas Diehl thd at kde.org
Mon Aug 19 09:33:23 CEST 2002

Am Montag, 19. August 2002 08:01 schrieb Éric Bischoff:

> On Tuesday 20 August 2002 02:13, Rinse de Vries wrote:
> > I miss the i18n-packages, don't they count as well?
>
> They don't, because :
> - translations cannot be expressed in "lines of code"
> - the number of commits are artificially increased by automated scripts

Using the stats on the i18n server and some pretty involved maths the number
of actual translations could probably be counted as well -- somehow. ;-) (But
no: I won't volunteer and I don't expect anybody else to do that.)

> But in the same page
> 	http://www.kde.org/whatiskde/proj.html#factsandfigures
> it is stated that :
> 	The translation team alone consists of 110 individuals.
>
> This figure has been determined a year ago IIRC but I think it's still more
> or less correct.

I don't think so and I'd be interested to know who created that figure and
based on what? It would mean that still most of our 60+ teams consist of one
person only while we have a few teams that consist of dozens of them. OK, not
all of them are always active but the "several hundred developers" on that
page aren't always active either. Most translation teams I know of seem to be
in the range of about 2-4 active and at least as many not so active
translators, often a lot more of the latter. Anyway, I'm pretty sure that
there are a lot more "individuals" around in the translation team than just
110.

Regards,

Thomas

--