[kde-doc-english]Re: kdeaddons documentation

Charles Samuels charles at kde.org
Sat Apr 20 23:18:54 CEST 2002

lørdag 20 april 2002, 02:01 pm, skrev Lauri Watts:
> On Saturday 20 April 2002 22.24, Charles Samuels wrote:
> > lørdag 20 april 2002, 01:17 pm, skrev Charles Samuels:
> > > First of all, it's consistent with every other module, and secondly,
> > > and most importantly, it allows installing only one of the docbook
> > > files, the one that you actually want.
> >
> > This may seem trifle, but it makes one-app-per-package possible for
> > kdeaddons.
>
> And I don't mean to be dismissive, I do understand what you want to do.

Yes, and I see what you're trying to say anyway.

You said...
"That listing is a little misleading.  Note that these are not valid documents
on their own, and weren't intended to be, they are simply chapters for
inclusion into index.docbook.  "

Does that mean that the Makefile.am in doc/kate-plugins concatenates those
docbook files within that directory, to create an index.docbook, which is
then installed normally?  It doesn't provide a way at all to install them
seperately in the first place, then.

I think I've said this to you before (Lauri), but in the KHelpCenter tree,
it's organzed in a Tree of Module->Appname, and we I think we really do need
a way to add additional subnodes to appname per plugin.

Such as:

Text Editors
   Kate
       Project Manager

Where additional siblings of "Project Manager" can be added arbitrarily.

Who is the maintainer for KHelpCenter?  And would you be willing to do this?

I think this is the only sensible way to provide docs for plugins.

-Charles

--
Charles Samuels <charles at kde.org>
Board of Directors, Search for Terrestrial Intelligence