[kde-doc-english]kdegraphics/kdvi

Éric Bischoff e.bischoff at noos.fr
Wed Apr 17 10:04:24 CEST 2002

On Wednesday 17 April 2002 09:11, Thomas Diehl wrote:

> Well, Thomas says (...)

Sorry, I did not know you were reading this mailing list, Thomas ;-)

> If we start fixing all the "small things that would make another thing
> clearer" we would invite the addition of tons of new strings.

OK. But in the same message I report two "real mistakes" :
- "paper.dvi" instead of "paper.tex"
- a missing separator in the command line syntax

Does it mean that, when I report doc problems, I should classify between
"cosmetical, markup & usability" and "misleading & error"?

> That's out of
> the question for the branch, considering the very sporadic message merges
> in there and its main purpose of "letting teams catch up on translations".

Well, if English head and branch differ, it does not help someone translating
some docs from scratch that were untranslated up to then (like kdvi for me),
because I cannot simply backport. So it does not really help me "catching
up".

> Therefore, I would ask you to have another look at this list of proposed
> fixes and only fix the real important stuff (like broken links) that keep
> existing features from working as they should.

(this corroborates what I'm saying above about "cosmetical" vs. "real
mistakes")