Kdiff3 1.11.4 is not updating the correct display version during the setup installation

Simran Kaur simran.kaur at adaptiva.com
Mon Sep 23 08:10:14 BST 2024

Hi Team,

We are 3rd party patch provider like PatchMyPC or ManageEngine. We are providing similar services to our customers and added Kdiiff3 to our catalogue.

For more details, please have a look at Autonomous Patching for Every Third-Party Windows App (adaptiva.com<http://adaptiva.com/>) (https://adaptiva.com/products/autonomous-patch).
During our installation testing of Kdiff3 version 1.11.4, we observed a discrepancy regarding the version number displayed in the Add and Remove Programs.

The version shown is 1.11, whereas the expected version is 1.11.4.

Please see the attached screenshot for reference.

[image]<https://discuss-cdn.kde.org/uploads/default/original/2X/b/ba1b0862dcd8f413c769b06bbd7f47e745aeff02.png>

We would appreciate any information or insights regarding this issue. Is there a known reason for this discrepancy, and is it something that can be resolved?

Note - : We are testing on Windows 10 64-bit Virtual Machine.

Thanks & Regards
Simran Kaur
Application Packager, Application Metadata Engineering and Automation, Adaptiva
M +91 6280777913
www.adaptiva.com<http://www.adaptiva.com>

Data Protection and Privacy: Your privacy is important to us. We are committed to protecting your personal information and handling it responsibly. For more information on how we process and protect your data, please review our Privacy Policy (https://adaptiva.com/privacy).  Confidentiality Notice: Information in this email and any attachments is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual(s) to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Adaptiva. The recipient should check for the presence of viruses, as Adaptiva accepts no liability for any virus transmitted by this email.