Help needed: KIO build regression with Qt 6.8 MSVC

Julius Künzel julius.kuenzel at kde.org
Mon Oct 14 12:58:17 BST 2024

We are currently preparing a new Craft cache with the Qt 6.8 update among others. This is the groundwork to bring Qt 6.8 to the CD aswell as the Windows and Android CI.

The new Qt version triggers a build regression in KIO on MSVC (Windows). I tried a bit, but do not really understand the error and don't feel qualified to fix it properly either. Hence I need your help! The build log with the failure is available here https://invent.kde.org/sysadmin/ci-management/-/jobs/2194841

Any help is appreciated! Feel free to ping me (jlskuz) in merge requests or on Matrix. If you have questions you can find us in the Craft matrix room https://go.kde.org/matrix/#/#kde-craft:kde.org

Thanks,
Julius
Julius Künzel