Migrating Windows CI to Qt 6.7 - Roadblocks

christoph at cullmann.io christoph at cullmann.io
Sat May 25 12:02:41 BST 2024

On 2024-05-25 10:06, Volker Krause wrote:
> On Samstag, 25. Mai 2024 05:40:26 CEST Ben Cooksley wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Been looking into what is needed to migrate Windows CI over to Qt 6.7
>> this
>> afternoon and alas have run into a few roadblocks, related to
>> QDBusConnection.
>>
>> https://invent.kde.org/sysadmin/ci-management/-/jobs/1848501
>> https://invent.kde.org/sysadmin/ci-management/-/jobs/1848502
>>
>> Not entirely sure why, but it seems that something in the way headers
>> are
>> installed for QtDBus has changed for 6.7 and Dolphin and kio-extras
>> are now
>> unhappy.
>
> The 6.6 CI already shows this, it's rather fallout from recent changes
> in KIO
> I think.
>
>> Could someone take a look please?
>
> Dolphin:
> https://invent.kde.org/system/dolphin/-/merge_requests/780
>
> kio-extras was fixed by Nico yesterday already but those changes aren't
> backported yet.

Hi,

Thanks, you were faster than me.

Now that frameworks is QDBus free on Windows and macOS I would even
propose that in a next update of the stuff we really not have QtDBus
around at all on these systems and make the use optional for the apps
that want to support them.

We go to great lengths to avoid that dbus stuff is ever called, even
deleting the dll and the most freezes you will get if that is not done
is just dbus related.

It would be great if people could join the effort to get that right.

https://invent.kde.org/packaging/craft-blueprints-kde/-/issues/17

Greetings
Christoph