RFC: Theming and styles of KDE applications

Akseli Lahtinen akselmo at akselmo.dev
Sat May 4 20:56:36 BST 2024

On Saturday 4 May 2024 14:47:35 GMT+3 christoph at cullmann.io wrote:
> My proposal: we enforce Breeze as icon set and style everywhere. And we
> provide still a way to overwrite that for the user, but if the user
> didn't set something manually,  idenpendent what the system propose, we
> just use Breeze. And we depend on that as dep e.g. in Kate, if you
> install Kate, that icon set and theme is installed.

+1. For me as someone who changes icons sometimes just to see and tinker
around,
i think this makes sense. We have reliable fallback, but we still allow
users to customize things which is, well, our thing! :)

And if the custom icons break i do not end up with broken apps, so
i really do not see any downside here, as user or dev perspective.

- Akseli

ps. I am bad with mailing lists, lets hope this sends to right place lol