The state of our API documentation and what to do about it

Nicolas Fella nicolas.fella at gmx.de
Tue Aug 20 13:31:43 BST 2024

On 20.08.24 13:44, David Redondo wrote:
> Am Montag, 19. August 2024, 22:07:13 MESZ schrieb Nicolas Fella:
>
>> You can see it in action at
>> https://nicolasfella.de/docs/kcoreaddons-module.html. There's still some
>> minor things to be ironed out, but overall it looks promising to me.
>>
> Could we leverage this to provide docs for different versions in the future
> (like Qt does)? For KF5/KF6 we didn't manage to do this and kapidox was not
> build for this either. Or is some extra magic website side required?

It should be fairly easily to do. It should mostly be a matter of
running the generation on a different branch checkout and placing the
resulting HTML in a subfolder or different domain.

I'm not sure it's worth investing in docs for KF5 at this point, but it
could be interesting to have the main docs be generated from released
sources and have something like api-dev.kde.org with docs generated from
master.