Help with kcoreaddons_add_plugin

Tomaz Canabrava tcanabrava at kde.org
Mon Aug 12 17:22:16 BST 2024

Hello All,

This e-mail is in two pars, a request for help, and a question.
I have a fairly strange issue while coding plugins for codevis. The plugin
code is similar to konsole (which I have wrote), and kate (which I have
contributed in the past), making me even more ignorant on what's happening.

1 - Request for help:

I am having to manually specify

SET(BUILD_SHARED_LIBS ON)
SET(CMAKE_LIBRARY_OUTPUT_DIRECTORY ${CMAKE_CURRENT_BINARY_DIR})

Without the first the code compiles the library as static.
Without the second, the library is not linked properly.

2 Question:
I need to load the plugins in `make test` time, but it tries to load the
installed plugins, what should I do?

The basic CMake of the plugin is:

kcoreaddons_add_plugin(
    basiclayoutplugin
SOURCES
    BasicLayoutPlugin.cpp
INSTALL_NAMESPACE
    "codevis_plugins_v2"
)

and it looks really straightforward for me.

Best,
Tomaz