KDE Gear projects with failing CI (release/23.08) (10 October 2023)

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Wed Oct 11 11:03:56 BST 2023

On Wed, Oct 11, 2023 at 4:45 PM Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org> wrote:

> Please work on fixing them, otherwise i will remove the failing CI
> jobs on their 4th failing week, it is very important that CI is passing
> for
> multiple reasons.
>
> Bad news: We have lots of more repositories failing :/ But they are all
> flatpak, so not that terrible. Please see last weeks' discussion as to a
> proposed solution if you have time to work on it.
>
> = FAILING TO COMPILE =
>
> kamoso:
>  * https://invent.kde.org/multimedia/kamoso/-/pipelines/497748
>   * suse is failing to find packages
>    * some gstreamer packages need to be added to the CI image?

Should be fixed shortly.

> = FAILING UNIT TESTS =
>
> konsole: (4th week)
>  * https://invent.kde.org/utilities/konsole/-/pipelines/497709
>   * freebsd_qt515 tests are still failing. I will be disabling them

I have removed the failing line of code which has fixed 1/2 of the tests.

The remaining DBus test will have to be fixed by a Konsole developer i'm
afraid, however I imagine "Program to run not set." may explain it in part.

> kate:
>  * https://invent.kde.org/utilities/kate/-/pipelines/497708
>   * tests are failing

See my other mail - looks like Kate is just collateral damage.

> = FLATPAK FAILING =
>
> We kind of maybe have a plan for that, but needs executing. Since no one
> has
> executed it and some of the tests are failing for the whole week i will be
> commenting them all out
>
> cantor
> kalgebra
> bomber
> bovo
> kapman
> katomic
> kblackbox
> kblocks
> kbounce
> kbreakout
> kdiamond
> kfourinline
> kgoldrunner
> kigo
> killbots
> kiriki
> kjumpingcube
> klickety
> klines
> kmahjongg
> kmines
> knavalbattle
> knetwalk
> kolf
> kollision

Sounds reasonable to me, for Qt 6 only applications at least.
Flatpak is not yet ready to make the jump to Qt 6.

Cheers,
Ben