Bringing Glaxnimate into KDE

Julius Künzel jk.kdedev at smartlab.uber.space
Wed Nov 1 11:11:11 GMT 2023

30.10.2023 18:07:44 Ben Cooksley <bcooksley at kde.org>:

> On Tue, Oct 31, 2023 at 2:04 AM Carl Schwan <carl at carlschwan.eu> wrote:
>> On Monday, October 30, 2023 11:43:47 AM CET Mattia Basaglia wrote:

Hi all,

>>> Hi,
>>
>> Hi Matt,
>>
>>> I'm the maintainer of Glaxnimate (https://glaxnimate.mattbas.org/) a
>>> vector graphics animation editor that has been integrated with kdenlive
>>> through the MLT framework. I've been having talks with some of the
>>> kdenlive devs and we came to the conclusion that it would be helpful to
>>> bring Glaxnimate into KDE.
>>>
>>> With the help of jk from kdenlive, we've made the code reuse compliant,
>>> and added some craft jobs to the CI.

I am very happy to see further progress on this!

>>> I would need some guidance on how to push this further.
>>
>> First thing first, make sure you have read https://manifesto.kde.org/[https://manifesto.kde.org/commitments/]
>> commitments/[https://manifesto.kde.org/commitments/] and https://manifesto.kde.org/benefits/
>>
>> Then you need to find a sponsor and this mailing list is indeed the right place
>> to do that. I think someone from the Kdenlive team with whom you already
>> interacted (e.g. jk) would be the best for this task. In none of them has the
>> time, I can probably also help.

I am willing to sponsor Glaxnimate, however I never sponsored an app before and especially when it comes to releases etc. I would need some help myself (for Kdenlive we are in the comfortable situation to be part of Gear). So if someone else like you, Carl, will be around as a second sponsor would be great!

>> Then create a sysadmin request to move your repo to the KDE infrastructure:
>> https://phabricator.kde.org/maniphest/task/edit/form/2/
>>
>> And ask to get a KDE developer account in https://identity.kde.org  so you can
>> keep your git write access to your project ;)
>
> These should be done simultaneously, and the requests should refer to each other (doesn't need a link, just a note in there that this is part of $project incubation) so we can ensure they're both processed at the same time.
> While in most cases we pick up on these requests coming in simultaneously, it has happened once or twice where people have lost access for a couple of days as they didn't flag this.
>

>> Cheers,
>> Carl
>
> Cheers,
> Ben