boot to uefi action represented by check box

Frederik Schwarzer schwarzer at kde.org
Sat Jun 10 21:31:42 BST 2023

Hi,

in
   System Settings -> Startup and Shutdown -> Desktop Session
we have a check box labelled
    After next restart: [ ] Enter UEFI Setup screen

(see attached screen shot)

Is there a reason we do not use a button for this?

How it currently works is, if I set the check box, a button appears which I then have to click.
Additionally the Apply button of that page activates and I can apply the "settings change" ... which is not applied, because it resets on boot.

So what is the reason behind this rather exotic work flow?

Cheers,
Frederik