"Gardening" old bugreports

Justin justin.zobel at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 03:04:45 GMT 2023

Hi Nicolas,

This has been discussed with Nate Graham directly who has approved this
cleanup of Bugzilla including the messaging behind it.

I am happy to discuss any concerns that people have around this. I
understand Krita requested we exclude them from any gardening and that
has been done, however this is the only feedback I have received.

The gardening team aims to find out if the bug reports are still
relevant by involving the users who reported them in determining if they
are still valid. This increases community involvement and helps KDE as
there isn't anywhere near enough manpower to review the thousands upon
thousands of bugs that haven't been touched in years.

The bugs that we are interacting with are ones that have not had any
activity for over 2 years. We are simply trying to reinvigorate
discussion on those bugs to see if they are still valid. If the user
does not reply within the standard 30 day period after a bug is set to
NEEDSINFO, it is automatically closed by the Bug Janitor.

I am not simply closing bugs, so I do take offense that care is not applied.

I will halt it until it is approved by more developers. However if it is
decided that it isn't wanted then the KDE as a whole will need to entice
more people in sorting old bugs individually as it is clearly not a
priority right now for the majority.

Regards,

Justin