Retirement of Capacity

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Mon Jan 16 09:08:37 GMT 2023

On Mon, Jan 16, 2023 at 12:55 AM David Hurka <david.hurka at mailbox.org>
wrote:

> > following sites still rely on Capacity in some form or another:
> >
> > kpdf.kde.org
> > okular.kde.org
> >

> Hey,
>
> okular.kde.org looked very similar to kpdf.kde.org until recently (April
> 2021)
>
> https://invent.kde.org/websites/okular-kde-org/-/merge_requests/4
>
> Now it looks like kde.org and uses Hugo; Capacity was not mentioned
> anywhere.
> I believe Capacity can be turned off on okular.kde.org, while kpdf.kde.org
> is
> only of historical interest. (I didn’t even know it is still online.)
>
> (For those who don’t know: KPdf turned into Okular with KDE 4, so it is
> mostly
> the same product but just older.)

Thanks for advising David that this is the case, i've removed okular.kde.org's
support for Capacity now as well.

Albert, given that KPDF stopped being shipped many, many years ago now
(must be nearing a decade?) could we redirect that site to Okular now given
that Okular is the spiritual successor to KPDF?

Cheers,
Ben