Bugzilla server move

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Fri Jan 6 18:02:29 GMT 2023

Hi all,

As part of efforts to ensure our systems remain up to date and secure, we
will soon need to move Bugzilla from it's existing home (based on Ubuntu
18.04) to it's new home (based on Ubuntu 22.04).

To this end, this morning I moved over the Sandbox, bugstest.kde.org, to
the new server.

This is populated with the contents of our latest backup, taken
approximately 24 hours ago. While i've done a reasonable degree of testing
it would be appreciated if developers could please test their common
workflows to ensure that none of them are broken by this move.

DNS propagation is currently underway for bugstest.kde.org - you'll know if
you have got the new server as it will have the same theme as bugs.kde.org
(while the old server has an older theme).

I'm particularly concerned that there may be breakage as Bugzilla has not
been updated in many years now - which means there is a significant risk of
bitrot having taken place. Among this is that Bugzilla is incompatible with
MySQL 8 (necessitating use of MariaDB 10.6 instead).

Please note that as the Bugzilla database is quite large it may take
several hours to move it to the new system when we move bugs.kde.org itself
so this is also a heads up that next weekend we're likely to have a
downtime period of several hours as it is moved.

Thanks,
Ben