Bringing Cantata under the KDE umbrella?

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Tue Feb 21 02:08:19 GMT 2023

Am 20.02.23 um 23:27 schrieb Tobias Leupold:
> Am Montag, 20. Februar 2023, 23:15:41 CET schrieb Reindl Harald:
>> Am 20.02.23 um 22:45 schrieb Justin Zobel:
>>> "Music player" daemon
>>
>> Cantata is the client and don't play anything itself
>>
>> but what do i expect from someone converting text mails to HTML, post a
>> one-liner on top of inline-quotes and use reply-all on a
>> maling-list...........
>
> Hey, we're quite a mellow crowd here I think. Stay nice, friendly and
> professional everybody ;-)

sorry, but i can't stand such one-liners still hanging on "music player"
which Cantata by definition isn't which was explained enough

mpd + cantata are a different beast than a "music player" playing local
files

my homeserver continues playing the last track at the same position
after reboot "long" before the graphical login appears and can be
controlled by smatphone, my own website (using the native mpd protocol)
or a GUI client like Cantata on whatever machine

and when it comes to mpd clients i have seen none within the past 15
years which comes anywhere near to Cantata

especially on a KDE system - most other clients are coming with a ton of
GTK/GNOME deps for half of the usability