Easy mouse settings changing from right- to left-handed

Tobias Leupold tl at stonemx.de
Sat Feb 18 14:49:22 GMT 2023

Am Samstag, 18. Februar 2023, 14:37:33 CET schrieb Juraj Oravec:
> Hello Tobias,
>
> Have you considered using libinput and undex Xorg xinput tool and some
> scripts around (create script and bind to keyboard shortcut, create some
> icon...)?
>
> Example from my machine (mouse can have multiple entries here):
> $ xinput list
> ⎡ Virtual core pointer		id=2	[master pointer  (3)]
> ⎜   ↳ Razer Razer Basilisk V3	id=17	[slave  pointer  (2)]
>

> $ xinput --list-props 17
> Device 'Razer Razer Basilisk V3':
> libinput Left Handed Enabled (294):	0
> libinput Left Handed Enabled Default (295):	0
>

> Probably:
> $ xinput --set-prop 17 "libinput Left Handed Enabled" 1
>
> Good luck,
> Juraj

Hi Juraj,

thanks for the input! Using xinput would be another option for sure.

Actually, on my desktop, I use the following script to configure my Logitech
Trackman for left-handed use, that is on the left side of my keyboard, along
with the normal mouse on the right side:

    lsusb | grep 'Logitech, Inc. Marble Mouse' &>/dev/null || exit 0
    xinput set-button-map "Logitech USB Trackball" 3 2 1 4 5 6 7 8 9
    xinput set-prop "Logitech USB Trackball" "libinput Accel Speed" 1
    xinput set-prop "Logitech USB Trackball" "libinput Scroll Method Enabled"
0 0 1
    xinput set-prop "Logitech USB Trackball" "libinput Button Scrolling
Button" 9
    xinput set-prop "Logitech USB Trackball" "libinput Scrolling Pixel
Distance" 50
    xinput set-prop "Logitech USB Trackball" "libinput Horizontal Scroll
Enabled" 0

which is started automatically on KDE login.

I'm just wondering if I could do it like the mouseswap Plasmoid did, see my
previous mail ;-)