Downtime Notice: Bugzilla - bugs.kde.org

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Sun Feb 5 18:44:12 GMT 2023

On Mon, Feb 6, 2023 at 1:54 AM Halla Rempt <boud at valdyas.org> wrote:

> On zondag 5 februari 2023 12:06:16 CET Ben Cooksley wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > This migration has now been completed this evening, and Bugzilla should
> be
> > up and running now in its new home.
> >
> > As part of this I did have to apply a patch to correct Bugzilla's use of
> > Perl's email libraries, so please report any issues you see in case other
> > parts of the codebase have also bitrotted and broken.
> > At some point in the not too distant future we may need to evaluate a
> > replacement platform to Bugzilla if upstream does not release a newer
> > version.
> >

> I'm noticing that my kmail filters for bugzilla mails no longer work.

There hasn't been much in the way of substantive changes to how Bugzilla
sends emails - my guess would be your filters detected it being a Bugzilla
email based on the old server hostname of komaci.kde.org.
If so you will need to update your filters.

Note that the new server hosts plenty more than just Bugzilla, so filtering
on the server that sends Bugzilla emails is strongly advised against.
Services running there include conf.kde.org and reimbursements.kde.org, and
will in the not too distant future also include fund.krita.org as work
continues on consolidating our systems.

> Halla

Cheers,
Ben