Gitlab Downtime

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Tue Apr 11 10:23:54 BST 2023

Hi all,

Tomorrow I will need to conduct some maintenance on our Gitlab instance
which may take approximately 60 to 90 minutes in time, depending on how
things go.

This downtime is needed to facilitate the update of several components that
Gitlab relies upon, including the underlying Ruby interpreter and will pave
the way for us to migrate to a newer version of GitLab in the coming days -
as well as a replacement GitLab server (which can now be considered as
GitLab have finally moved to using Ruby 3).

All going well, i'm hopeful the maintenance will take significantly less
time than i'm allowing for here.

Maintenance will start at approximately 1930 NZST ( 0730 UTC ) on 11 April,
during which time all services associated with Gitlab (including SSO login,
Git repositories, etc) will be unavailable.

Apologies in advance for the disruption.

Many thanks,
Ben