libksane, KSaneCore and QT_NO_KEYWORDS

Tobias Leupold tl at stonemx.de
Fri Sep 30 16:22:25 BST 2022

Hey Alexander,

> Sorry for causing the extra work!

Everything is fine, wasn't too hard ;-) And, as said, KSaneCore is of course
the way to go. So, sooner or later, I would have ported my stuff anyway.

> Since the KSaneCore interface inside libksane was never publicly announced,
> Kåre and I decided that it is okay to remove it from the libksane repo.
> I wasn't really aware that any other application besides Skanpage and
> KSaneWidget actually used it directly.

And I wasn't aware that this wasn't intended to be used directly ... and it
seems that I was the only one to do so, because otherwise, someone else would
also have complained about this I think.

It was just I didn't like the KSaneWidget too much, as it was too ready-made
for my taste, and I wanted to do it in a slightly different way. Thus, I
implemented my own stuff.

Also, Scandoc is currently a personal project, so I think that not too many
people are using it by now. However, I use it in production in my dentist's
office since I started to write it, and my wife also likes it :-) I didn't ask
for opinions about the project yet (if this was possibly something that
somebody may consider to be suitable for Extragear or so). Just for anybody
being curious:  I'm talking about https://invent.kde.org/tleupold/scandoc .

Okay, but after all, all my questions are fully answered now. I now know
what's up with libksane, KSaneCore (thanks for that again!) and the Qt
keywords.

Thanks for all the kind and detailed replies :-)

Cheers, Tobias