How long with the kde-qt5.15 repo be kept updated?

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Mon Sep 26 18:39:37 BST 2022

On Mon, Sep 26, 2022 at 7:29 PM Halla Rempt <halla at valdyas.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> So we, the Krita team, are once again discussing our upgrade options. Porting to Qt 5.15 with the KDE patch set is one option. How long are we going to maintain that, as KDE? Until needed, or until one of the official ends of the LTS (https://www.qt.io/blog/qt-5.15-extended-support-for-subscription-license-holders)

The reason why we made the Qt 5.15 Patch Collection is because we need
Qt 5 still and we needed to have a place to backport the work done
upstream.

I don't see why we would stop doing the work while we still needed.

I guess the official end of the LTS should just mean less and less
changes being produced for Qt 5 which should only simplify the task.

I imagine you have already seen it, but it's covered in here:
https://community.kde.org/Qt5PatchCollection

Aleix