Request for Sponsor for Project ghostwriter

wereturtle at airpost.net wereturtle at airpost.net
Sun Sep 18 01:10:11 BST 2022

Hello,

I would like to request a sponsor for incubating my existing Qt project,
/ghostwriter. /ghostwriter is a Markdown editor that aims to provide a
relaxing, distraction-free writing environment.

Project GitHub Repo: https://github.com/wereturtle/ghostwriter
Project Website: https://wereturtle.github.io/ghostwriter

*Maintainter Committing to the Project:*

  * Megan Conkle

*Planned KDE Manifesto Compliance:*

_Open Governance__:_ I would like to open /ghostwriter/'s governance to
the KDE community in general to help limit the bus factor and share the
load.

_Free Software:_ /ghostwriter/ is already licensed under GPL3.  Various
third-party libraries and artwork in use by the project have
GPL3-compatible licenses. While it is presently hosted on GitHub, I
would like to transition it to KDE Invent's GitLab server as it's new
home, and to take advantage of KDE's releases/CI rather continuing to
use GitHub Actions or AppVeyor for releases.

_Inclusivity__:_  Anyone can participate!

_Innovation__:_ /ghostwriter /is always improving, and by incubating the
project with KDE, I hope that it can include KDE frameworks innovations
and other people's ideas/contributions.

_Common Ownership:_  I would like to increase the bus factor for the
project by asking the KDE community to share ownership and contribute.

_End-User Focus:_  In addition to ensuring a smooth user experience,
/ghostwriter/'s goals include providing translates of its interface text
into as many languages as possible, and always keeping accessibility in
mind.  To meet these goals, the project will transition from using Qt
Linguist to il8n.  Other KDE framework APIs will be evaluated as well,
such as Sonnet for spell checking.

Thank you very much for your time!

Megan Conkle