KDE on Linux Unplugged this week

Nate Graham nate at kde.org
Fri Sep 16 18:30:43 BST 2022

An interesting listen.

Here's the tl;dl regarding Brent's complaints:
- Kubuntu 22.04 seemed buggier than 20.04
- Kubuntu repo management password bug stayed unfixed for too long
- Plasma 5.25 on other distros seemed buggier than usual too, specifically:
-- Multimonitor was a pain
-- Activities were clunky and didn't work well
- In general he felt like Plasma's implementations on various distro
aren't ideal
- He tried switching to GNOME on Fedora and found it to be much worse

Multimonitor and activities issues are known and being worked on, but
overall it fels like most of his complaints were with how distros are
packaging and implementing Plasma--especially Kubuntu. Food for thought.

I contacted them and offered to be a gust for a future show so I can add
some perspective.

Nate