New releases for bugfixes

Sven Brauch mail at svenbrauch.de
Thu Sep 8 07:29:46 BST 2022

Hi,

On 9/7/22 17:28, Harald Sitter wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 7, 2022 at 5:20 PM <mail at flherne.uk> wrote:
>> In most projects the maintainers who'd make a release decision are the
>> same people who triage bugs
>
> You quite clearly have no idea how this community works. I'll thank
> you not to misdirect discussions.

in kate it also works very much like this, so while "most projects" is a
bit of a stretch, there are certainly relevant projects where this is
the case, so Francis' point is well worth discussing.

In fact I share Francis' concern, and I think re-using the
severity/priority fields to make this decision will add more confusion
than it provides value. Also consider that a lot of people will set
these fields in the tracker which are not aware of this policy. I'd
instead leave the decision to the project maintainers and they can voice
it by writing an email to some list.

It would be nice if you could address the point if you disagree, instead
of brushing it off without explanation.

Greetings,
Sven