"Configure Language" option

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Tue Oct 25 22:29:58 BST 2022

El dilluns, 24 d’octubre de 2022, a les 23:38:15 (CEST), Stefan Gerlach va
escriure:
> Hello,
>
> i noticed that several KDE apps lack the ability to switch the UI language
> when using the "Configure Language" dialog. The .mo files are correctly
> installed, all the languages are in the selection box and the configuration
> is saved in the klanguageoverridesrc file which is read on startup. But
> somehow (most of) the UI strings are shown in the system language only.
> I've seen this problem on Linux and Windows (macOS is probably not better)
> and am especially interested in making this work for LabPlot. You can also
> checkout Step which has the same problem. Anyone knows what may be missing
> or what needs to be done for this feature to work?

If you have a modern KF5 there's a big set of warnings that tell you what's
wrong

https://invent.kde.org/education/labplot/-/merge_requests/173

After fixing that i can get labplot in Ukranian instead of my regular Catalan
https://i.imgur.com/gyaAk61.png

Cheers,
  Albert