"Configure Language" option

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Tue Oct 25 16:16:15 BST 2022

Am Montag, 24. Oktober 2022, 23:38:15 CEST schrieb Stefan Gerlach:
> i noticed that several KDE apps lack the ability to switch the UI language
> when using the "Configure Language" dialog. The .mo files are correctly
> installed, all the languages are in the selection box and the configuration
> is saved in the klanguageoverridesrc file which is read on startup. But
> somehow (most of) the UI strings are shown in the system language only.
> I've seen this problem on Linux and Windows (macOS is probably not better)
> and am especially interested in making this work for LabPlot. You can also
> checkout Step which has the same problem. Anyone knows what may be missing
> or what needs to be done for this feature to work?

No idea about LabPlot, but you made me look at Step as I had done something
else to it before (not a maintainer though), and that resulted in these kind
of fixes

https://invent.kde.org/education/step/-/merge_requests/12 (merged)
https://invent.kde.org/education/step/-/merge_requests/13 (review needed ATM)
https://invent.kde.org/education/step/-/merge_requests/14 (review needed ATM)

Can you give exact examples of what UI strings where in LabPlot you see not
translated (and which locale tested with)?

And which other apps in "several KDE apps" are there that need care?

Cheers
Friedrich