Why is windows CI so variable?

Steven Robbins steve at sumost.ca
Thu Oct 13 02:10:59 BST 2022

Ben,

Thanks very much again for all the information you provided.  It was very
illuminating and answered all my questions to this point.

On Wednesday, October 12, 2022 3:48:50 A.M. CDT Ben Cooksley wrote:

> Additionally, Digikam is one of three projects that consume significant
> amounts of CI resources, so i'd very much rather that didn't grow further.

This brings a separate question to mind.  I've noticed that the windows build
is hugely variable.  It can take anywhere from about 25 minutes to over an
hour (at which point the job is killed).

Have you any insight into why the windows machine is so variable compared to
linux and bsd?

THanks,
-Steve