Debugging KDE CI runners

Steven Robbins steve at sumost.ca
Tue Oct 11 06:49:28 BST 2022

Hello,

I am trying to understand how libraries are selected for installation on the
KDE CI/CD machines.  Please advise if there is a better list for this
question!

I am helping out with digikam porting to newly-released FFMPEG version 5.

My current understanding is that the craft blueprints file [1] is used to
select which libraries are required and which versions of each library.  So
this code

    if not CraftCore.compiler.isAndroid:
            # digiKam mediaPlayer is not yet fully ported to FFMPEG 5 API
            self.runtimeDependencies["libs/ffmpeg"]                     = "4.4"

should cause ffmpeg 4.4 to be installed, shouldn't it?

Digikam has three CI runners -- linux, freebsd, and windows [2].  The first
two, indeed, have ffmpeg 4.4.  However, on the windows CI, the digikam cmake
rules detects ffmpeg 5 [3].  Why is this?  How can one troubleshoot?

[1] https://invent.kde.org/packaging/craft-blueprints-kde/-/blob/master/
extragear/digikam/digikam.py
[2] https://invent.kde.org/graphics/digikam/-/pipelines
[3] https://invent.kde.org/graphics/digikam/-/jobs/524549/raw
     (search for MediaPlayer will use FFMpeg 5 API                    : yes)

Thanks,
-Steve