l10n data move from svn to git

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Mon Oct 3 17:37:34 BST 2022

El diumenge, 2 d’octubre de 2022, a les 14:06:58 (CEST), Thomas Baumgart va
escriure:
> Hi all,
>
> On Sonntag, 2. Oktober 2022 13:42:16 CEST Tobias Leupold wrote:
> > Hi all :-)
> >
> > So a few hours ago, a new "po" folder appeared in KGeoTag, KPhotoAlbum and
> > most probably everywhere. Apparently, the translations data is now not
> > hosted on some svn repo anymore, but right indside the respective
> > project? Which seems to be reasonable to me.
> >
> > I only have one question, after screwing up the last release of KGeoTag
> > and
> > KPhotoAlbum (which lacked all translations, due to tarme.rb not having
> > been
> > updated yet, and me having been the probably only misadventurer to make a
> > release in the exact timeframe where the problem existed):
> >
> > Is there something I have to take care of in another way I had to do
> > before
> > when I do the next release using tarme.rb?
>
> A short description of the process would be wonderful. The last time I did
> a KMyMoney release, I ran into the problem, that tarme.rb requires a newer
> Ruby version than my distro (stock opensuse leap 15.4) currently supports. I
> simply reverted back to the last one working and kept going. Of course,
> that will not be working when there are changes coming up regarding the po
> subdir.
> > Sorry for this possibly redundant question, but once burnt, twice shy ;-)
>
> I feel with you. Thus any hint/link is very welcome also from my side. I
> have to admit that I did not closely follow the latest changes due to time
> constraints.

Unrelated to your actual question, but you should add ki18n_install(po) to
your base CMakeLists.txt, releaseme was doing that for you, but you should
really have it in your repo, for example for people that build from source.

I'll let Harald answer if any modification needs to be done to the releaseme
process or not.

Cheers,
  Albert