Would Scandoc be somthing for Extragear?

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Thu Nov 10 09:09:23 GMT 2022

On Donnerstag, 10. November 2022 09:28:17 CET Klaas Freitag wrote:

> Am 09.11.22 um 21:18 schrieb Tobias Leupold:
> > Am Mittwoch, 9. November 2022, 20:59:15 CET schrieb Klaas Freitag:
> >> Am 09.11.22 um 20:22 schrieb Nate Graham:
>

> > That is essentially what my old document scanning script did -- using the same
> > tools. But without a GUI of course. Nice idea! Seems like I'm not the only one
> > who worked on getting this very task done as easy as possible ;-)
>
> Yes, well, that is what people in the office need. "Classical" office
> suites are just the beginning. Things that we Linux guys considered
> black magic for long time (such as printing, scanning, ocr, doc analysis
> etc) are now super easy and available on mobile platforms. And that is
> what we compete with on the office desktop.

I don't know, if you have thought of this when writing invoices. Include
an EPC QR (https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/EPC-QR-Code) on the invoice. I am
thinking about adding a webcam interface so that KMyMoney can use it to
read the QR code and use the data to fill out the form for online payments
that KMyMoney already has. Or even use the PDF file as input an pull out
the QR code. That would improve productivity I think. I know, a bit off
topic here.

--

Regards

Thomas Baumgart

'Knowing a computer language is neither a necessary nor a sufficient
condition to know how to construct a computer program' -- J.R. Tyrer