Reviewer for Konqueror needed

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Tue Nov 1 11:26:19 GMT 2022

Am 01.11.22 um 09:31 schrieb Stefano Crocco:
> On lunedì 31 ottobre 2022 23:52:20 CET Reindl Harald wrote:
>> Am 31.10.22 um 20:51 schrieb Stefano Crocco:
>>> Hello to everyone,
>>> I'm the current Konqueror maintainer
>>
>> can you *please* restore close tabs by middle-click like in any other
>> browser? that got lost a few years ago with one of the KF5 updates and
>> is really annoying
>
> Are you sure? On my system it works as expected. Maybe you don't have the
> corresponding option enabled
then some random update disabled it - i use konqueror since 2006 as my
primary file manager

but better not remember the unholy migration from KF4 to KF5 when old
configs where completly ignored - for the sake of god read the old
configs and write your new ones whereever you want, i don't care as user

with every Fedora dist-upgrade a few other apps where ported to KF5

i had this mess with KDE3->KDE4, KDE4->KDE5 was exactly identical
terrible - if the same happens with KDE6 i switch to openbox

> since this feature is off by default. It's in the
> General page of the settings dialog.

well, i didn't expect that such expected basic behavior isn't enabled by
default