Reviewer for Konqueror needed

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Tue Nov 1 00:28:48 GMT 2022

El dilluns, 31 d’octubre de 2022, a les 20:51:13 (CET), Stefano Crocco va
escriure:
> Hello to everyone,
> I'm the current Konqueror maintainer. Today I've been informed that the
> person who has reviewed my merge requests since I started working on
> Konqueror some years ago won't be able to do that anymore.
>
> Since I'm the only developer working on Konqueror, currently there's nobody
> which can review my merge requests. Is there anyone willing to help the
> Konqueror development by doing so? Currently there are about ten merge
> requests which I've created since this summer and some of them (numbers 143,
> 141, 136, 135, 133, 125, 122) contain bug fixes which I'd really prefer
> went in the 22.12 release.
>
> Does anyone know what should I do in case nobody is willing to review my
> merge requests? Can I go on and merge them without reviews?

If you have a very high confidence a patch is correct, it's OK to merge it
without reviews after a reasonable waiting period (i'd say not less than a
week in general, but that's just me throwing some random amount of the top of
my tongue). Moreover if you're the maintainer of the app.

Of course it's better if you can find reviewers because more brains looking at
code is always better, but there's only so much reviewers you can find
sometimes.

Cheers,
  Albert