KDE Incubator: Telly Skout Sponsor

Jonathan Riddell jr at jriddell.org
Fri May 6 12:53:06 BST 2022

Hi, this app looks great.  I don't think there's a need for any formal
Incubation process, that's for when an app has already been part of another
development community and infrastructure and that all needs moved over.  if
you've just developed this in KDE then great, stay within KDE.

I'd echo Carl's comment that I don't know what EPG means, better to spell
that out.

I had a seg fault when I ran the app for the first time after selecting
some favourite channels.

This app is heavily dependent on external data sources.  But the data
source seems to be hard coded into src/tvspielfilmfetcher.cpp and I'm not
clear what format is needed to add other sources.  It would be good to have
that well documented and some non-code format for data sources (such as
json or .desktop files etc) so anyone can propose to add one easily.  It
probably also needs some testing code to check over the data sources to
make sure they are still active, these sorts of things tend to go inactive
without warning.

When you feel the code is getting ready for release you can ask for a
review, see kdereview section here
https://community.kde.org/Policies/Application_Lifecycle

Then use releaseme to make a release and get it packaged up.  Let me know
if you need any help with that.

Jonathan